Supervisors represent an important force in the economy. You have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to you. You are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. Although you usually have more technical experience than the employees you supervise, you may not have had a lot of leadership experience. This one-day course will give you the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to be successful.
|What Will Students Learn?
· Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
· Identify your primary leadership style.
· Develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles.
· Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
· Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
|What Topics are Covered?
· Pre-assignment review
· What’s your type? How about mine?
· Understanding leadership
· Managing your time and your energy
· The commitment curve
· Employee development models
· Dealing with conflict and difficult issues
· What successful leaders do
· Instruction by an expert facilitator
· Small, interactive classes
· Specialized manual and course materials
· Personalized certificate of completion
No Reviews found for this course.